Stress Related Insomnia: How to Deal With
When you have stress at night, and it makes it impossible for you to fall asleep and rest peacefully, there are several tips and measures you can take to overcome Stress Related Insomnia due to stress:
- Try to deal with negative thoughts. In case you’re trying to sleep & don’t get, it is best to get up do walking, do some activity that doesn’t involve mental effort.
- Maintain good sleep hygiene habits, trying to establish a fix and regular sleep schedule. Make a routine to sleep and get up at the same time. If you create a rhythm of life and respect it to the fullest, you will help your body to carry out metabolic processes properly.
- Control stimuli before going to sleep avoid stimulating activities such as watching TV, mobile, tablet, & computer.
- Avoid taking naps in the afternoon, as these can make insomnia more definite and cost you more to fall asleep.
- Make sure your bedroom is a good place to rest. Avoid noise, keep a good temperature in the room, and ensure that it is dark.
- Avoid the use of stimulating and exciting substances, such as caffeine or alcohol.
- Exercising can help you fight insomnia, as the practice of physical activity causes us to release endorphins, which will improve mood and help you reduce stress.
- Light dinner and avoid copious or abundant meals at night. Try to eat healthy throughout the day.
- Doing relaxation techniques, such as progressive muscle relaxation, or practicing yoga, pilates, or mindfulness, are excellent options to channel stress, achieve mental peace of mind.
Remedies To Combat Insomnia Due To Stress
Stress Related Insomnia: Relaxing Infusions:
One of the best natural remedies to overcome insomnia due to stress are, infusions made with medicinal plants. Such as, for example, valerian, lime, lemon balm, passionflower or chamomile. You just have to prepare an infusion well loaded with one of these soothing herbs. Have a cup of coffee before going to sleep, you will see how your body relaxes, and you get to sleep more easily.
Stress Related Insomnia: Hot Water Bath:
Another thing, you can do to relax your body and mind and achieve a restful sleep is to take a hot bath before going to bed. These hot water baths increase body temperature and promote relaxation and sleep. You can enhance its relaxing effects if you add a few drops of lavender or rosemary oil to the water.
Relaxing Essential Oils:
In addition, adding them to the bathwater, is another good natural remedy to combat insomnia. If you apply a few drops of some relaxing essential oil on the pillow. For example, lavender oil or orange they are perfect for helping us be less anxious, relax, and induce sleep.